What is the Faculty Hiring Plan and when is it due?
The Faculty Hiring Plan (FHP) is a list of the faculty positions your department intends to conduct searches for in the upcoming fiscal year. It is prepared in the spring and is due at the time of the department's budget. Due dates for the FY19 Faculty Hiring Plan are:
Non-NMG Departments: May 16, 2018
NMG Departments: May 25, 2018
What faculty positions are included on the FHP?New this year, only a subset of Clinician-Educator positions need to be included on the hiring plan. Your final hiring plan will include:
- Full-time Investigators (including those paid 100% by an approved affiliate)
- Full-time Team Scientists (including those paid 100% by an approved affiliate)
- Full-time Clinician-Educators, if any of the following conditions are met:
- FSM salary is 10% or higher OR
- There are FSM commitments beyond salary (e.g., start-up funding) OR
- The Clinician-Educator would fill a leadership role
- Positions that already have search numbers and you intend to keep open (even Clinician-Educators that don't meet the conditions above) so that the Provost's Office knows we aren't closing them
Faculty Hiring Plan Resources
- FY19 Faculty Hiring Plan Checklist: Follow this detailed checklist to prepare your faculty hiring plan
- Faculty Hiring Plan Overview: These slides were presented as part of the annual budget methodology training on April 17, 2018.
- FY19 Budget Methodology Training: This is the complete presentation from the annual budget training which occurred on April 17, 2018.