Faculty Affairs coordinates the academic appointment process for approximately 3,700 regular faculty, 300 research faculty and more than 600 research staff. All phases of these appointments, from opening new positions via pre-search process and approving offer letters to candidates, to initial appointment, reappointment, change in appointment, leaves of absence, terminations, retirements and emeritus requests are managed by this office.
Faculty Affairs additional responsibilities include:
- Recruiting Department Chairs and Center/Institute Directors
- Providing academic appointment policies and procedures support and expertise for chairs and administrators of medical school
- Keeping faculty information and statistics for many medical school administrative departments
- Acting as liaison with the University Provost, Office of Research, and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, as well as outside organizations such as the American Association of Medical Colleges
- Overseeing the Women's Faculty Organization, Medical Faculty Council and faculty development/mentoring programs
- Hosting faculty-attended annual events such as the Promotion and Tenure Panel in the early spring
Learn more about us via the links below.