Focus of Work
David I. Chu, MD, MSCE, is a pediatric urologist with an overall interest in pediatric surgical quality improvement and health services. Clinical interests include spina bifida, robotics/MIS, nephrolithiasis, and congenital urologic anomalies. Research interests include chronic kidney disease diagnosis and management in congenital and acquired urologic conditions, clinical care variation, and preventable readmissions and complications following surgery.
Education and Certification
- MD: Weill Medical College of Cornell University (2008)
- MSCE: University of Pennsylvania, Clinical Epidemiology (2017)
- Internship: Duke University Medical Center, General Surgery (2009)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Duke University, Urologic Surgery (2011)
- Residency: Duke University Medical Center, Urologic Surgery (2014)
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Urology (2016)
225 East Chicago Ave
Chicago Illinois 60611 6061
Institutes and Centers
Visit David I-Wang Chu's Northwestern Scholars Profile to see the list of publications.