Karen A Mangold, MD, MEd
Focus of Work
I completed my fellowship at Children's Memorial Hospital and have been an attending at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital since graduating in 2011. I am involved in the kidSTAR Medical Education program, and I am the program director for the Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship. I also run the McGaw Medical Education Clinical Scholars program.
I am interested in the development and assessment of educational curricula, especially at the graduate medical level. I use simulation often in these curricula to teach medical management, team communication and leadership skills. I am also interested in learner assessment and mentorship.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Pediatric Emergency MedicineSimulationMedical EducationCurriculum DesignGraduate Medical EducationPost-graduate Medical Education
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Rochester (2004)
- MEd: University of Cincinnati (2013)
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Pediatrics (2005)
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Pediatrics (2007)
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Pediatrics (2008)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics Emergency Medicine (2011)
- Board Certification: Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 62
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611