Focus of Work
Dr. Costello serves as the Director of Inpatient Cardiology and the Medical Director of the Regenstein Cardiac Care Unit at Ann & Robert and H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. He is the immediate Past-President of the Midwest Pediatric Cardiology Society, the Vice President/President-Elect of the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society, and a member of the Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium’s Executive Committee.
Dr. Costello completed the Harvard School of Public Health M.P.H. degree program. His research focuses on critically ill children with heart disease. He has published a number of perioperative trials and outcomes studies in cardiac neonates, as well as studies utilizing multicenter clinical registry data from the Society for Thoracic Surgeons, the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, and the Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium. He serves as an Associate Editor for Cardiology in the Young.
Dr. Costello is a pediatric cardiac intensivist. He primarily serves as an attending physician on the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Service and other teams that care for inpatients in the Regenstein Cardiac Care Unit at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. He also sees outpatients in the Chicago Institute for Fetal Health, the Cardiology Priority Second Opinion, and Single Ventricle Program Clinics.
Congenital Heart DiseaseCritical Cardiac CareCritical Care OutcomesPediatric CardiologyCirculationQuality of Life
Education and Certification
- MD: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (1995)
- MPH: Harvard Medical School, Public Health (2007)
- Residency: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics (1998)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics Cardiology (2003)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics Critical Care (2003)
- Board Certification: Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Pediatrics
Clinic (for patients): 312-227-4100
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 21
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611