The Global Partner application is for use by students who are applying as Global Partner applicants for the Visiting Student Program only. Please check the Global Partner Institutions list below and the eligibility requirements before completing this application.
Medical students from the universities below should contact their medical school’s international coordinator before applying.
Northwestern’s Global Partner Institutions include the following universities:
- Stellenbosch University - Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Makerere University - Kampala, Uganda
- University of Jos - Jos, Nigeria
- University of Ibadan - Ibadan, Nigeria
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar - Dakar, Senegal
- Université de Bamako - Bamako, Mali
- Peking University - Beijing, China
- Keio University - Tokyo, Japan
- Tel Aviv University - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Universidad Panamericana - Mexico City, Mexico
- Université de Strasbourg (Université Louis Pasteur) - Strasbourg, France
- Charité-Universitätsmedizinin - Berlin, Germany
- Karolinska Institutet - Stockholm, Sweden
- Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
Eligibility Requirements for Medical Students from our Partner Institutions:
- Must be a medical student enrolled in one of the above universities.
- Must receive prior approval from their school’s academic office.
- Must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Must have completed at least one year of in-hospital clinical training and have completed all core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Surgery.
- Must be pursuing a medical degree.
- Must rotate before they graduate from medical school.
The Following Forms are for Global Partners only:
Global Partner Students Forms
|Required Form||Purpose||Deadline for Submission|
To apply for a visiting student clerkship
A complete scan of your application document is required at least 6-7 months in advance of your desired start date.
To fulfill line 3 on page 2 of the Global Partner application, all students must complete training in Universal Precautions.
Required to complete your application
To secure your elective
4 weeks from the date of your acceptance email
|Arrival & Travel Form|
To choose the date of your QuantiFERON Gold TB test and to notify our office of your decision to purchase the health insurance
4 weeks prior to the start date of your rotation
|Insurance Payment Form|
To purchase the Northwestern Visiting Scholar health insurance
2 weeks prior to the start date of your rotation