A textual footer provides a means of navigation for visually impaired visitors who use text readers. It also provides a consistent connection with the University's top-level pages and its legal requirements. Bold items are required.
Your Department portion of the footer
- required to be the same background as the FSM top bar portion of the banner
- links to your home page and main sections of your site. This ensures that if your navigation is not accessible for any reason, your visitors will be able to link to your home page and the main sections of your site.
- Last updated date (this appears at the very bottom of the page content, above the footer)
- Your department's contact information
- department name
- address recommended
- phone recomended
- Feinberg School logo and link, in the lower right of the footer
Northwestern footer requirements
- Northwestern logo
- Contact Northwestern University
- Campus Emergency Information
- University Policies
Social Media Icons
- The social media icons link to the official Feinberg channel/pages, and are optional.
- Placement is just to the right of the Feinberg logo in the footer.
- Height and width should be 23px x 23px.
- Hover state of 80% opacity.
- Icons should be set to "screen" mode, so that they appear lighter on the color background.
- Please see Social Media Icons page for linking to unit-sponsored social media pages.
If you have questions about updating your Footer please contact email@example.com.
This page last updated Dec 28, 2012