Brand & Identity
In today's dynamic environment, Feinberg School of Medicine competes with academic institutions around the world. Integral to our strategy is presenting a consistent message, tone, and graphic approach in all of our communications - both within the Feinberg community and beyond.
Our visual identity is a valuable asset. The Feinberg brand and web guidelines exist to promote a shared approach to communicating visually who we are, and establishing a strong, distinctive identity. Effective brand management protects the integrity of our academic, research, and public engagement missions.
All Feinberg units are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our brand guidelines, including online branding, and apply the guidelines to their marketing collateral. The Feinberg Communications team partners with units across the organization to help them accomplish their communication goals and ensure efforts are aligned with the Feinberg brand strategy.
Benefits for Feinberg units
Why standardize and work with Communications to implement brand strategy?
- Reduces workload and time commitment for staff tasked with maintaining a Feinberg unit brand presence.
- Reduces cost through coordinated activities. In a marketplace of highly fragmented media, the cost of reaching fragmented audiences is much higher and difficult to justify.
- Confirms your credibility as part of a larger, unified brand. We are stronger when we speak as one.
- Initiates greater loyalty from students, staff and alumni; greater fundraising opportunities.
- Creates collective ability to shape and manage successfully one core brand over time.
- Supports effectiveness of media relations through more unified identity and targeted messaging.
- Allows campus units to directly benefit from strategic and marketing experience at the school level. It is not realistic to expect that each unit would have the expertise and ability to effectively manage separate brands.
Benefits for our target audience and stakeholders
What is the value of a unified brand strategy?
- Communicates a comprehensive picture of our values, integrity and reputation.
- Builds emotional connection and pride associated with one core brand. Overall, the Feinberg brand is played out in every interaction people have with Feinberg School of Medicine â€“ from the classroom and the research labs to publications, web sites, administrative offices, in the news media, on the phone, anywhere.
- Provides consistent representation of our brand promise (our unique mission, products and services), and helps audiences understand the breadth and depth of our organization.
- Delivers messages faster, creates a consistent image and strengthens brand recognition by creating a seamless, compelling experience across all of our communication channels.
This page last updated Mar 21, 2012