The alumni and students of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine do great things in their communities. Their stories are inspiring and newsworthy. Learn more below.
- Hampton T. Gaskins, '77 MD, recounts his visit to Chicago for Alumni Weekend 2017 and his 40th year class reunion.
- Alumnus Dr. Thomas E. Starzl, who performed the world’s first successful human liver transplant in 1967, passed away on March 4.
- Giuseppe Del Priore, MD, '91 GMER, MPH, a renowned gynecologic oncologist, scientist and teacher, will now serve on the Medical Advisory Board of Tyme, Inc.
- Anesthesiologist and pain management specialist Brooke Elise Vanderby, MD, '13 GMER, '14 GMEF, has joined the physician team at the Illinois Bone & Joint Institute.
- Munish C. Gupta, MD, has been appointed professor and chief of spine surgery in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
- Over 300 Feinberg medical students gathered on September 11 to participate in the annual Medical Student Society Olympics, followed by a reception hosted by the Medical Alumni Association.
Share Your News
Have a news item that you’d like to share with Feinberg and your fellow alumni? Please contact us.