We contribute to several programs that engage young learners in STEM activities and help them explore the many career opportunities in medicine and biomedical research.
Experience STEM Activities
- PRISM: Students interview “patients” with a specific disease and then conduct hands-on activities and experiments to better understand the disease's development.
- Summer Research Programs: Undergraduate students spend their summers learning and working as active participants in cancer research.
- Science in Society: Programs include Science Club, Science Club Summer Camp, Science Explorers and Jr. Science Club.
- Women's Health Science Program: Young women from underserved communities gain the knowledge and skills they’ll need as women leaders in science.
Explore STEM Careers
- Career 911: Your Future Job in Medicine and Healthcare: This online course offers insight into healthcare career options and strategies for entering the workforce.
- Northwestern Medicine Discovery Program: This program for high schoolers features guest speakers, group discussions and hands-on projects.
- Northwestern Medicine Scholars Program: We partner with George Westinghouse College Prep to help its students explore careers in science and medicine.
- Oncofertilty Saturday Academy: The academy lets high school girls explore reproductive science, cancer biology and oncofertility.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Internships: Our partners at Lurie Children's provide internships and mentoring opportunities to African-American, Latino and chronically ill Chicago public high school students.
Make a Gift
Support our youth outreach programs.